DETROIT GREEN HOTEL
The Westin Southfield Detroit hotel is committed to protecting our environment and preserving precious natural resources. We believe being green is not a definitive objective but understand it's a process of being "greener." We are dedicated to the process and promise to promote a lifestyle that ensures our environmental impact on the world around us is minimal and as positive as possible.
We have integrated various methods of greener living into our daily operations and encourage our guests and team members to do the same. We reduce, reuse and recycle where possible. We support our vendors, neighbors, and local merchants and do our best to promote the good work they are doing throughout the community.
We are in the midst of great change and look to our customers, associates, and partners to help us navigate through this change and support us in our efforts.
Some of the initiatives we have done are:
- Used low VOC Paints and coatings
- Energy efficient for over 3 Years
- Programmable Thermostats Used
- Automatic Lighting used
- Energy Star Light Bulbs are used
- Water heaters are Energy Star certified
- Guests have the opportunity to recycle in the rooms and all public space
- Paperless check in and check out
- Fluorescent lights are recycled
- Towel reuse program is offered to guests
- Linen reuse program is offered to guests
- Public restrooms have automatic facets
- Property is landscaped with native plants and trees
- On-site vehicles are electric or alternate fuel vehicles
- Food purchases are from Michigan and/or local sources
- Hotel Green Committee in place